October 1, 2015

Burberry Lip Velvet in Nude Apricot and Nail Polish in Cadet Green

Ever since Christopher Bailey reclaimed Burberry's beauty line, each seasonal collection has been inspired by whatever is being shown on the runway. For Autumn/Winter 2015, the brand's womenswear collection was entitled "Patchwork, Pattern & Prints": think camouflage, natural tones, and modern romance.

Since it's no secret that I'm obsessed with Burberry makeup (see here and here), I obviously could not wait to get my hands on some pieces from their Autumn/Winter 2015 Collection.


New this season is the Lip Velvet in Nude Apricot No. 401. It's a matte lipstick that applies very creamily but has a tendency to settle into lines if you don't prep your lips first. The formula is also a bit drying so I often have to top with some dabs of lip balm. A little annoying, but I find this is par for the course with any mattes. The colour is great and right up my alley in terms of the types of shades I like to wear.

The packaging is matte, unlike the shiny Burberry Kisses tubes, and similar to the Burberry Velvet Foundation bottles. Funny story about this... as I've mentioned, I have been travelling a lot for work lately. At one of my recent airport security checks, they asked to search my makeup bag because my Burberry lipstick was so square and hefty they couldn't tell what it was. "Is this a charger?" was the question; to which I replied, "Nope, just my expensive lipstick!"


Two new nail polishes are also available for a limited time only, including Nail Polish A/W 2015 Runway Collection Cadet Green No. 206. It reminds me a lot of one of my faves, Essie Sew Psyched, but is a little darker. I really like Burberry's nail polish formulas. They are creamy, opaque, and super shiny. They are, however, on the thicker side, so I would recommend removing the excess before you apply it to your nail lest you end up with globs of polish everywhere.

Burberry Beauty is available at The Bay, Nordstrom, and Sephora.

11 comments:

  1. I'm in awe of that nail varnish shade, it's absolutely gorgeous!

    Hannah x hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
  2. yh I have the Essie shade too, its sort of similar. Love it :)

    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cadet Green is a bit darker and more rich. I love both!

      Delete
  3. Love the nail polish color :)))

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving the color of that polish! I don't have anything like it (although I might have to check out Sew Psyched now that you've mentioned it!)

    She Likes to Shop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't typically wear greens but it's such a great shade. Totally surprised me how often I reach for it!

      Delete
  5. Wow I really love the color of that nail polish! So chic! I've been searching for a nice nude lipstick but I find for my lips, I need more of a cream finish.

    Raincouver Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you take more pictures with the Burberry Nude Apricot? I want to know if I should order it from Sephora but I can't swatch it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you give me your e-mail address, I can send you some pictures of additional swatches. Or e-mail me if you prefer :)

      Delete
    2. I emailed you. :) I titled it with the lipstick name and color.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.