October 19, 2015

FOTD: Pur Minerals Love Your Selfie Palette & Air Perfection CC Cushion Foundation

I am a sucker for a good makeup palette (who isn't?) and the Pur Minerals Love Your Selfie is ranking at the top of my favourites right now. It, along with the new Air Perfection CC Cushion Foundation, was my first introduction to the Pur Minerals and I love both products a ton.

Love Your Selfie comes housed in cardboard packaging with a huge mirror (complete with #PURselfie printed at the bottom). The stars of the palette are 8 limited edition eyeshadows: Exposure (a matte yellow-cream), Fade (a matte flesh tone), Filter (a shimmery light brown), Photobomb (a purple-brown with flecks of shimmer), Flash (a peachy gold), Capture (a matte light taupe), Sepia (a matte reddish brown), and Closeup (a matte black). They are all incredibly pigmented, buttery soft, and apply like a dream.


This palette is perfect for travelling because it has almost everything you need for a complete look inside. For contour or a sunkissed glow, there is the Mineral Glow and if you want a subtle highlight, the Afterglow Illuminating Powder gives the illusion of a dewy complexion. Savvy Blush is a matte rose colour which will suit pretty much any skin tone.

To finish off, the Pur Minerals best-selling Big Look Mascara is a nice formula that thankfully does not cause my stick straight lashes to droop, and Chateau Kisses Lip Plumping Lipgloss in Exposed is a great "my lips but better" with high shine but none of the stickiness. I don't wear gloss very often but I found this very comfortable on and actually got a ton of compliments on it. Plus, it smells really good, like vanilla candy.

If you're stumped on what look to do, Love Your Selfie also comes with a handy instructional card that explains how to create a photo-friendly daytime look (Earlybird) and photo-friendly nighttime look (Slumber).

I wanted some drama, so for today's FOTD I opted for Slumber even though I totally ended up wearing this makeup to work. I started with Filter all over the lid, Exposure as a brow bone highlight, Closeup along the crease, Photobomb on the outer and inner corners, and Sepia along the lower lash line. Next, I applied Afterglow Illuminating Powder to highlight and topped with Savvy Blush on the apples of my cheeks before finishing up with the Big Look Mascara and the Lip Gloss in Exposed.


To get the perfect base, I used the Air Perfection CC Cushion Foundation applied with Liquid Chisel Brush. Similar to the Stila Eye Liner I recently reviewed, the Air Perfection CC Cushion Foundation features the cushion technology that has been popular in Asia for a number of years. The compact comes with a sponge but I prefer to use a brush... either way, it not messy at all (there is a closable lid that separates the sponge from the product) and is an easy way to apply liquid foundation.

The formula is mousse-like and very light with sheer to medium coverage. It's not matte but not dewy, and as you'll note from the "CC" in its name, is made with ingredients that are supposed to have additional benefits for your skin. These include Vitamin B3 to soothe irritation, Sodium Hyaluronate to plump and soften the look of lines, Mango Seed Oil to moisturize, and Sea Buckthorn Oil with its anti-aging amino acids and vitamins. Overall, I really like the foundation even though it does not deliver my preferred matte finish because it feels nice on and doesn't leave my face looking like an oily, greasy mess at the end of the day. In fact, my raves about this foundation apparently worked, because one of my friends is now using it based solely on my recommendation!

Find Pur Minerals exclusively at Shoppers Drug Mart.

9 comments:

  1. I agree, this palette looks perfect for travelling! Love this look you created and how is that your friend is actually loving something you recommended?! score!

    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours in the palette! Your eye makeup looks gorgeous!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. This kit looks so good for travelling, love how you did your makeup!


    Georgia | The Weekend Attic - Personal Style, Beauty and Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  4. great look!

    xx closetchrnicle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look that you did!

    ReplyDelete
  6. An instruction booklet is essential for me! I am hopeless and need to be better informed so I don't have to rely on others to make me up.

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pur is amazing I love there products!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gasp! I love this! So sultry!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.