November 4, 2015

FOTD: Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Stick Foundation

After this look garnered so many compliments, I have become slightly more comfortable with the whole red lip thing (also, not gonna lie, but every time I think about wearing red lipstick, I totally sing that line from Taylor Swift's "Style" in my head). So, since red lips and black liner are makeup bag staples, I decided to do a simple but classic FOTD featuring some products I was sent from MAKE UP FOR EVER.


You may recall my feature of MUFE's new Ultra HD Foundation from the summer, but did you know there's also an Ultra HD Invisible Cover Stick Foundation? The Ultra HD Foundation line is specially formulated to be undetectable even under 4K digital technology and while the stick foundations don't come in as many shades as the liquid version, the selection is still very good. I found the formulation a little on the thick side with a fuller coverage that blended well into my skin, and I was also impressed at how good the colour match was. However, this is definitely formulated for those with normal to dry skin because I found it way too much for my oily/combination skin. Even with powder on top, I was a greasy mess after an hour. Yuck. Hopefully MUFE comes out with a demi-matte or matte version for those of us who prefer those finishes.

To complete the look, I used the Aqua Eyes Liner in Matte Black and Smoky Extravagant Mascara. The liner is a rich, dark black that doesn't smudge but I did find the texture a bit hard and not as creamy as I like (there was some tugging upon application). The mascara has a great cone-shaped brush for precision application and the formula is good. I'm picky with mascaras since many don't work for me but I have no complaints about this one!


When you're doing a bold lip, a good lip liner is key to lock in the colour and keep it looking vibrant throughout the day. The Aqua Lip Waterproof Lipliner in True Red definitely delivers in this respect. It's super pigmented and stayed on, even when my lipstick (Rouge Artist Intense in Moulin Rouge) wore off after eating.

12 comments:

  1. love the red lip! And it indeed suits you nicely ;)

    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. The red lip looks stunning on you! Your makeup is lovely, please do some tips on how you get the liner so perfect! I'm your newest GFC follower :D xx

    elizabeth | ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | bloglovin follow for follow
    Follow for follow on instagram :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was a pencil so it was actually super easy! For liquid eyeliner I use those pointy felt tips which I find give me the most control :)

      Delete
  3. I adore the color of lipstick! It suits you perfectly!

    jointyicroissanty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been using MUFE HD for years but never knew they had a stick formula as well. I prefer the regular version since I find a more dewy finish more flattering for myself plus it's easier to mix with liquid illuminizers.

    http://www.bestbeautyratings.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Got to a love a good lip liner to help keep the color lasting longer. The lip stick is so bold & beautiful. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  6. I only own one lipstick from them && love it! I'm going to have ton try some more stuff!
    xo, Jessica || The Petite Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the red lip Alison! I really struggle with eye liner though:/. I can never get it right lol....I have such shakey hands. I feel like with this look the cat eye is key. Looking beautiful girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that shade of lipstick, so pretty!
    Have a lovely weekend:)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.