May 9, 2016

Klorane Tinted Dry Shampoo for Dark Hair

Now that I'm a brunette again, I've had to revamp my typical haircare routine (my guide for blonde hair sadly no longer applies). That's why the new Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk Natural Shade could not have come out at a better time!


I have used Klorane's original Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk in the past but it was a major fail for me. Since it was white, like most traditional dry shampoos, I found it made my hair look dull and there would be flakey residue around my scalp after brushing that looked absolutely terrible. This was disappointing because I know many people love Klorane... not to mention the fact that it's also lauded as "the original dry shampoo" since founder Pierre Fabre first introduced the product to the market 40 years ago.

Klorane's dry shampoo features a unique plant-based formula that is aimed at guaranteeing the maximum absorbing power. The new Natural Shade is specifically targeted for light to dark brown hair. The powder is tinted a light brown (or as Klorane describes it, a "nude") and although it doesn't have any colouring action, it is able to blend better into darker hair without the white cast.


Overall, I'm glad to finally have a version of Klorane that works for my hair. It does the job of absorbing oil pretty well and is a good basic dry shampoo for non-hair wash days, but it doesn't give me the volume I get from my HG (Batiste XXL Volume). I also found that it created a lot of product buildup in my hair that I was only able to get out with a clarifying shampoo. This is often the case when I'm using a lot of styling products anyway so I'm not sure if the buildup is necessarily unique to Klorane; however, it is definitely something to keep in mind if you've got hair like mine.

4 comments:

  1. i hate the white look dry shampoo gives, this sounds nice!
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love this dry shampoo! I forgot all about it so thank you for sharing!

    Georgia | The Weekend Attic - Personal Style, Beauty and Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the darker shade selection. Whenever I use dry shampoo, I feel like I make my hair look dirtier than i started with and I end up having to jump in the shower haha. I don't know what i'm doing wrong!

    Raincouver Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I kind of know what you mean. Dry shampoo definitely doesn't make my hair look cleaner but it does seem to help a bit with grease and adds much needed volume and texture.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.