June 13, 2016

Trust Fund Beauty Nail Polish (Again!)

Back in 2014, I featured the just launched Canadian indie polish line Trust Fund Beauty, which has since seen incredible growth over the past two years. Beyond their signature 10-free nail polish, the company now offers a line of lip products as well -- all formulated with the same vegan and cruelty-free philosophy that the brand was founded on. Not only that, the products continue to carry the fun tongue-in-cheek names they've been known for.


Some of the polishes I previously reviewed are sadly no longer available but I was recently sent some new colours to try out by their PR. The paper packaging has changed slightly (a new pattern); however, inside are the same chic, rectangular glass bottles with black lids. The brushes are still the same as well... long and thin. The bristles aren't the easiest to work with but they are okay.


Rude Nudes is an opaque pink-toned nude with a creme formula. I was afraid it would be streaky but it wasn't at all. This is two coats.


Adult Content is a frosty champagne pink and, as typical with frosty shades, a streaktastic nightmare. I think that's just par for the course though... some people might like it but this is definitely not for me.


Going Commando was my surprise favourite of the four polishes I received, especially since I don't tend to wear such neutral shades anymore. It's a milky opalescent white with some micro-shimmer. Three coats is perfect and it looks great with a tan.


For a mani with a lot more pop, Gossip Mag is a bold red creme with just a hint of orange. You could easily get away with one coat though I used two for this swatch. It's so shiny even without a top coat!

9 comments:

  1. I love the name of this brand! And those colours are really beautiful. Gossip Mag is super bold and fun!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm a sucker for fun names almost as much as I am for cute packaging!

      Delete
  2. Love the look of Gossip Mag and Rude Nudes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rude Nudes looks like it would be my favourite!

    fourcatsplusus.co.uk | Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, I still remember the first time we tried TFB! You got the shade "Talk to my Lawyer" or something like that? I agree with you on the red, I'm wearing it now and I am so impressed with how shiny it is all on its own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's called "Just Talk To My Lawyer"... still the perfect shade, haha!

      Delete
  5. What a stunning brand and top marks for being cruelty-free. These nail polishes look beautiful, I think I like ‘Gossip Mag’ the most, the colour just pops. Is this brand available in the UK? :-) xx

    Helen | Helens Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do ship to the UK but there's a limit on how many bottles you can order due to customs.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.