July 29, 2016

Eating My Way Through San Diego

After L.A. and Catalina Island, we hit the road. Destination: San Diego. Apart from the zoo and SeaWorld, I really didn't know much about the city but after spending a few days there, I can now say from experience that it is really is a nice place to visit!

A friend recommended we rent beach cruisers and ride from Mission Beach to Pacific Beach. Since I love casual bike rides, especially if there are some beach/water views involved, I knew I would love this activity. We also stopped for brunch at Miss B's Coconut Club where I had the most delicious Coconut Rum French Toast.


In fact, you'll see from this post that I spent a lot of my time in San Diego eating. Turns out this city has a really great foodie scene, with tons of restaurants to discover. For example, "hipster ramen" from Underbelly, the best fried chicken from The Crack Shack, and breakfast heaven takes the form of cast iron omelettes from Cafe 21. Yum!


La Jolla is a hilly seaside community that seemed very family friendly with less of a party vibe than Mission Beach and Pacific Beach. The cove is really pretty.


I also knew they I wanted to explore Little Italy for sure (such a nice neighbourhood downtown) and we were able to get a table at Bencotto for dinner. I don't typically eat pasta but vacation is when you can kind of pig out so I went for their handmade gnocchi al formaggi and then the pannacotta for dessert. If you remember my trip to Rome from way back when you'll know I love pannacotta.


If you get a chance to visit San Diego, I definitely recommend it! It was never even on my travel list but it turned out to be such a pleasant surprise... especially if you love eating as much as I do.

3 comments:

  1. stunning shots! food looks amazing! :D
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to visit San Dieago one day, I love the look of all the food you posted.

    fourcatsplusus.co.uk | Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds so nice! We spent so much of our time in seaworld and the zoo that we barely got to eat out!! We really enjoyed this baja beach cafe on the beach as they had those huge magarita drinks!

    Raincouver Beauty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.