September 9, 2016

The Perfect Texturized Ponytail with MoroccanOil and Hair Slinky by La Vita Glam

Since my hair is so fine and straight (seeing it in its natural state is a rare occurrence), if I want to wear my hair up (another rare occurrence), creating a ton of texture is key. Without it, all I've got is a very sad looking ponytail. It was thus rather fortuitous that I was sent some products from MoroccanOil a few months back, which allowed me to come up with this routine for the perfect texturized ponytail.


After showering, I dispense a golf ball sized amount of the MoroccanOil Beach Wave Mousse, concentrating from mid-length down to the ends. You can let your hair air dry if you've got the time but to speed things up, I blow dry with my diffuser attachment on. Since my hair is so slippery, this mousse adds a good amount of texture without feeling gritty (though you can definitely feel that there's some sort of product in it).

To create a bit more volume, I like to add some random curls with my ghd 1" styler. Next, I use the MoroccanOil Dry Texture Spray, lifting my hair at the roots and spritzing. I like this spray because it definitely adds texture but doesn't seem to leave a lot of product buildup like the mousse.

Finally, for a more piecey look, I rub a little bit of MoroccanOil Texture Clay on my hair ends. I think this clay is probably intended for shorter hair styles as it's considered a unisex product but it works for this purpose as well.


To secure my hair up these days I have been using the Hair Slinky by La Vita Glam. These probably look familiar to you as I'm pretty sure I've seen key chains that look like this. However, you can also use them for your hair! The company claims they're creaseless and won't cause breakage when you pull them out. Plus, the bigger ones can double as bracelets which is kind of fun.

I like the idea of the Hair Slinky but don't love how visible they can look when they're in your hair -- just my personal preference. As such, I've been opting for the smaller sized ones since they're not as noticeable when worn (I'm wearing the small brown one in the picture below). Another pro tip: if your Hair Slinky stretches out, which is inevitable, you can drop it in a cup of hot water and it will shrink back down. Apparently blow drying works the same too.

6 comments:

  1. lovely look! i have yet to try some of the products in this range but everything ive tried is pretty amazing!
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been trying to use those bobbles but find with extensions in, my hair is too heavy and it pulls them down. Still, I do notice my hair is way less tangled around them. I love Moroccan oil and the look you created.

    fourcatsplusus.co.uk | Amy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see if you have thicker hair that they would weigh down... since my hair is so fine it hasn't been a problem. One of the only perks to having my hair type, haha!

      Delete
  3. I love Moroccan Oil products! They are amazing:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.