September 14, 2016

Chloe Susanna Boots

The first iteration of the Chloe Susanna Boots (then called the "Susan") first came out in 2008 and I've been waffling over them ever since. On one hand, I couldn't tell if they were too over the top and maybe a little bit "country" which is not my style at all; on the other hand, I was somehow inexplicably drawn to them.

Over the past 5 years or so, booties have become an absolutely integral part of my Fall/Winter wardrobe (for example, my Alexander Wang Kori Oxfords are now well-worn and my Vince Yarrow booties bought in January are getting there too) so I finally decided to bite the bullet. With the gold hardware, these are definitely a unique addition to my shoe closet.


These were also a birthday present to myself since I just turned 30 on Monday (ugh... I still can't believe I'm no longer in my twenties). As you guys know, I typically buy myself something from my lust list each year. Last year it was my Burberry trench coat and the year before that it was my Proenza Schouler PS11.

Since purchasing my Chloe Marcie bag I've kind of become obsessed with all things Chloe so these were an easy pick. Plus, what else would you expect from a girl with a shopping addiction who's looking to take the sting away from getting older? Retail therapy is the answer, obviously.

8 comments:

  1. first off, happy birthday :) You dont look 30 so thats a good thing! haha great boots! I do get what you mean, not sure if they would be too over the top for me
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I love these boots so much as well. I am considering getting them for myself when I graduate this year. I had dupes to these and I literally wore them to death. They are surprisingly really easy to style :) http://ariebea.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so excited to try styling them.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous, the detailing really makes it special! I'm hoping to treat myself to some designer pumps this winter if I pass the CFE! Any suggestions on a classic but comfy pair of heels?

    Raincouver Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a pair of black Prada saffiano leather pumps (see here). They are super classic and fairly comfortable. Louboutins are really nice but not the most comfy... maybe also look into Jimmy Choo or some Manolos? Hope you pass the CFE!

      Delete
  4. Welcome to the 30 club my dear. We are Asian so we can have some extra time, but it's such a weird thing to get used to. The worst is the day when you have to check a separate age box on surveys...Happy belated Alison and the shoes are fabulous! I just bought myself my first pair of Jimmy Choo shoes so...what's nice about getting older is having the money to afford those lush loves!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.