February 24, 2012

Deborah Lippmann "The Stripper To Go" Polish Remover Mitts

My fave Canadian nail polish e-tailer, Nail Polish Canada, recently sent me some of Deborah Lippmann's "The Stripper To Go" Nail Polish Remover Mitts to try out. As you guys already know, I am a huge fan of Deborah Lippmann's polishes (see this post and this post) so I was interested in seeing whether her nail polish remover is also worth the hype.


Right off the bat I will say that I think The Stripper To Go is a much-needed and innovative product. Each disposable finger mitt comes individually packaged and is said to contain enough nail polish remover for all 10 fingers.

I decided to test out one of the mitts on my current mani since I find that dark nail polishes and glitter top coats are especially difficult to remove. Essie As Gold As It Gets is a flakie and not a glitter but it's close enough and will have to do because that's what I've had on my nails this week!

Majolica Majorca BK999 topped with Essie Luxe Effects As Gold As It Gets

The mitt fits easily over all fingers and is pre-soaked in "The Stripper," Deborah Lippmann's popular lavender- and aloe-infused nail polish remover. It doesn't smell super strongly of acetone, which can be a big problem with a lot of other removers.

To use, you simply stick each fingernail in the mitt and rub your polish off with the other hand. Mine came off quite easily though I did have to scrub a bit to get all the flakies off. I also had to flip the mitt when I changed hands since polish was building up on the inside. I think these mitts will work better if you're wearing plain nail polish (no fancy top coats) because towards the end, I found myself needing to scrub extra hard as there was less remover to work with.


The Stripper to Go retails at $12 CAD for a box of 6 mitts here, which is a little pricey. Obviously this is not a product for everyday use but is definitely great for travelling or on the go. I'm planning on keeping a few packets in my purse since I'm one of those people who can't stand chipped nail polish and often end up attempting to scratch it all off the moment my mani is less than perfect.

30 comments:

  1. These are too cool....but yes, they do seem a bit pricey. But it does look great for traveling - no toting around a bottle of polish remover plus cotton balls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. Usually I avoid painting my nails when I'm travelling because of my problem with chips but these mitts would definitely make things so much easier!

      Delete
  2. What a clever way of removing nail polish. Definitely something great on the go!

    <3 Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome, because that nail polish is hard to get off! Excellent review.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh those nail polishes just look amazing, your blog is just so lovely by the ways, keep the good work up, ill be visiting again very soon hehe :)

    Get 15% off at Lulu*s on my blog!
    & ENTER MY TOPSHOP GIVEAWAY WHICH IS OPEN TO ALL!
    http://haveapeekinsidemywardrobe.blogspot.com/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a great idea!!! I'm the same way with clipped nail polish it drives me insane! These are great to have for a quick fix!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I didn't know something like this existed, it's quite pricey but very useful to keep in the bag!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Girls that glitter love the dark
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Didn't know this product existed! Definitely on the pricey side, but definitely a good solution if you're travelling and don't want to bring a big bottle of remover with you. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think if you're buying it only every so often it's worth it! The packets are so slim they're easy to throw in anything.

      Delete
  8. wow what an awesome little tool. I need them but you're right they are abit pricy! :(
    hope you can join my jewellery giveaway!

    natalie
    http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks so cool to use! very sweet post x

    http://mojomade.blogspot.com
    morgan xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow they look really good! Sometimes I have to use like 4 cotton pads to remove dark nail polish so these look really handy! I shall def be getting some!!

    www.styliststeph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. i need these! removing nail varnish is such a chore

    xo Camilla

    Into The Fold

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! That's amazing. I didn't even know those things really worked.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh this is genius!!! Thanks for sharing!

    http://styleservings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty ingenious especially for glitter nail polish which can be pretty much impossible to remove

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the nailpolish!

    www.birkinsandbargains.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. SHUTUP! that is so freakin' awesome.. it is a bit pricey.. but that would be so awesome to have while traveling!! haha i'm just like you if my nails are starting to get chipped.. i immediately start scratching it off.. which actually results in my nails looking WAY more horrid.. then if i just left it chipped *sigh* hahahahah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, so true. That's why I don't stop scratching until it's all off!

      Delete
  17. I forgot to reply to one of your replies, but yes, I work in South Granville, I love the neighbourhood! Do you live in the area? I would love to live around there, but I'd like to live on my own a bit so the rent would be really high!

    I love Nail Polish Canada :) Thanks so much for the review, I should definitely have one of this to take in my bag! They are quite pricey though haha I learned this trick for getting off glitter polish from other blogs, you soak a cotton pad in the nail polish remover, put over your nail. Then wrap some tin foil around your finger. Then you just wait a few minutes and remove; the glitter comes off super easy! I still get some glitter residue but it is much easier after.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live in Kits but it's a short walk to the South Granville area. I love it here :)

      Oh, and I've heard good things about that foil method! I'm way too lazy for the foil part but I often leave a soaked cotton ball on my nails for a few seconds before pulling it off and it works at removing the glitter fairly well too.

      Delete
  18. That looks and sounds like an awesome product! I could definitely use a couple of those! lol Thanks for the awesome review and demonstration :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. those mitts are a great idea!

    http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hahah, they're so cute! They look like mini oven mitts LOL. I'm not sure these would replace normal nail polish remover pads though... the way it wraps around your entire finger is a little excessive since your nail doesn't actually do that! Hahaha. A cute little tool though.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This post is really nice, I like it so much!!!Sounds a really great product!
    Take a look and if you want we can follow each others: Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
  22. great idea for travelling!
    looks like it works well on glitter polishes, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. so interesting post!

    http://www.lazyheelsblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. thank you for your lovely comment on my blog hon! <3 those finger mitts are so clever. as a lazy person I would TOTALLY be stocking up on these, if they weren't so pricey! oh well, they still require a bit of effort to scrub away a few layers of np anyway, it seems!

    metallicpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so neat!
    I need to get my hands on these!
    thanks for sharing :)

    Stop by sometime, Natalie xo
    http://lavagabonddame.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.