November 3, 2016

Estée Lauder Double Wear Nude Cushion Stick Radiant Makeup

This Fall, Estée Lauder has launched an interesting new foundation: the Double Wear Nude Cushion Stick Radiant Makeup (I know -- what a mouthful!) which is being touted as a makeup and pro tool in one. Inspired by all those cushion foundations we've been seeing around (example), it features a special built-in cushion tip applicator.


I'll admit I was initially a bit turned off by the cushion applicator thinking about how gross it would get after a few uses. However, the product designers did actually address this issue by making the sponge removable. You simply twist the gold-tone ring at the top to remove the entire tip and can then wash it with mild soap and water. This seems a bit finicky but if you make it part of your weekly makeup brush washing routine then it's not so bad. I guess problems only arise if you don't wash your makeup brushes that frequently!

Aside from the sponge tip, which does act like a little Beauty Blender for flawless application, this foundation is also really portable and great to throw in your bag when you're on the go. The innovative stick design also displays how much makeup is remaining; basically, the stick becomes smaller as you dispense the product.

As for the formula, it's quite light and gives sheer/medium coverage. If you've got oily/combination skin like me you might not like it though. With "radiant" in the name, you can expect a more dewy effect or, in my case, just find yourself looking super shiny.

2 comments:

  1. anything "radiant", I steer clear of. My skin is super oily in tzone so I need something matte.
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I pretty much stay away from all foundations that aren't matte for everyday wear.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.