March 29, 2017

Pixi Beauty is back in Canada!

Canadians may remember our short-lived access to Pixi Beauty before all the Target stores closed down... well, the brand is finally back and this time you can find it nationwide at Shoppers Drug Mart. I never got a chance to try their products before so when I attended the Pixi Beauty Vancouver Launch Party last month and came home with all sorts of goodies, I couldn't wait to put them to the test.


The brand's lineup seems mostly focused on skincare, though there is makeup as well (more on that below). Glow Tonic (250 mL/$38 CAD) is one of their star offerings (I was lucky enough to receive a personalized bottle!) and exfoliates without any alcohol to dry out your skin. I have also really been loving the Vitamin Wakeup Mist ($20 CAD) which is made with orange blossom and citrus extracts. I spritz it on my face throughout the day to feel more refreshed.

As a sucker for packaging, I think Pixi Beauty's green-themed packaging is super cute and seems to fit well with the brand's philosophy of incorporating botanicals and other beneficial ingredients into its products. You also don't really see this colour too often (except maybe old school Clinique), which makes it more unique. I checked out Pixi Beauty's new display at my local Shoppers Drug Mart and it was definitely very eye-catching.

I decided to put together a FOTD using products I received from the Vancouver Launch Party and the result was something totally natural and wearable. If you like fuss-free makeup with a focus on skincare, Pixi Beauty has a lot to offer.


On my face, I started with a layer of the Flawless & Poreless Primer ($30 CAD). It applied nicely although I prefer the more mattifying properties my Make Up For Ever Step 1 Ski  Equalizer Mattifying Primer (used here). In this case, you'll see that I was going for a more dewy look anyway with the H2O Skintint ($34 CAD). The result is a "no makeup" effect with a lot of hydration and a natural glow.

On my eyes, I used the Mesmerizing Mineral Palette in Mineral Contour ($16 CAD), which was perfect for a neutral-loving girl like me. For mineral shadows, they are surprisingly pigmented and I didn't even use them wet! The Endless Silky Eye Pen ($16 CAD) is a long-wearing gel pencil that applied like a dream and I skipped mascara, using the Black Lacquer Lash Primer ($20 CAD) alone instead. With any mascara layered on top, I'm sure lashes will just pop.

On my lips, I'm wearing the Mattelustre Lipstick in Rose Naturelle ($16 CAD). I love the colour although I thought it would be more matte than it is. Apparently it's meant to have an "adjustable finish" and to get it matte, you can blot it with your fingers.


I honestly really like everything that I've tried so far and am looking forward to experimenting more with the brand. The slightly higher price point initially surprised me (most of the skincare is in the $20-35 CAD range) but I've noticed a lot of drugstore products aren't even really that cheap anymore, so these prices are probably pretty standard. Plus, with Pixi Beauty, at least you are getting quality and cute packaging in one.

5 comments:

  1. You literally just made my day with this! I'm SO excited that the brand is back in Canada!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, we lost a bunch of brands when we lost Target so it's great that we're seeing a resurgence!

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy that Pixi is back!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such beautiful flawless skin Alison! We definitely have pixi here but I have yet to really try their products. The glow tonic gets so much press though that I'm going to give that one a go! Also loving that lip color :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Noelle! xx I remember seeing Pixi at Target (before it pulled out of Canada) but I never tried anything. So glad I finally got the chance since it's actually such a great brand!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.