April 17, 2017

Burberry Kisses in Pink Peony (No. 37) and Lip Velvet in Magenta Pink (No. 419)

I am a huge fan of Burberry Beauty (see previous posts here, here, and here) and believe their lip products, in particular, are the perfect marriage between quality and luxury. There is something about these square tubes with their clicky magnetic lids that just feels so expensive... and for $38 CAD, I guess they kind of are!


Burberry's lipsticks come in two main formulations: Kisses and Lip Velvet. Burberry Kisses are more hydrating with a shiny satin finish while the Lip Velvet is, as the name implies, a demi-matte. Both feel pretty weightless when worn.

I received two new shades from PR for Valentine's Day this year and wanted to make sure I got these swatches up because they are seriously beautiful and if you're looking to splurge on a little makeup treat, these might fit the bill.


For a really sweet, wearable, and shiny pink, I am loving Burberry Kisses in Pink Peony No. 37. In this swatch, I'm wearing two swipes for a more pigmented coverage (the formula is buildable). Seriously, so pretty.


Above, I'm wearing Burberry Lip Velvet in Magenta Pink No. 419. I was surprised at how much I liked this colour since hot pink is not really my thing, especially for makeup. I think the combination of the matte finish with the bright colour was really what won me over. Plus, this formula felt a lot more comfortable and less drying than the other Lip Velvet I own for some reason.

3 comments:

  1. The Pink Peony No. 37 has a really pretty natural look to it. I agree with Shannon though....the Magenta Pink is a beautiful shade and hot pink suits you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried Burberry lipsticks but these shades are so pretty! I definitely want to check them out now!

    Ciara
    www.ciarasalloum.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.