May 15, 2017

Showers Inspired by the South of France with Le Petit Marseillais

A few weeks ago, an exciting box arrived in the mail, decked out like a piece of foreign mail and sporting a large "Bonjour!" on the front. The contents? A whole collection of new body washes from the beloved French company, Le Petit Marseillais, which has just launched in Canada.


It's been a few years since I was last in France (Paris, to be exact) and one of the things I do recall fondly is the prevalence of French pharmacies full of personal care products -- many of which I had never seen before. Now, thankfully, North American consumers can get a little taste of the classic French pharmacy with this launch.

Le Petit Marseillais was founded in 1981, finding its beginnings in a simple honeysuckle-scented bar soap. Since then the brand has expanded into an extensive line of body washes inspired by the nature and culture of the south of France. Each body wash, or "shower crème", is gentle on the skin with scents formulated by top perfumers. The result is a truly sensory experience every time you hop in the shower.


Canadians can look forward to the following five scents, although from what I understand there are many more in France. Hopefully we will get a chance to try those one day... I'm dying to try the coconut one!

White Peach & Nectarine is my favourite. It's a fresh fruity fragrance that really does seem to be bursting with juicy peaches and nectarines.

Vanilla Milk is a close second. I love vanilla scents, and this one is a sweet vanilla with subtle hints of ylang ylang and pistachio.

Cotton Milk & Poppy is probably my least favourite of the five. I don't even really know how to describe it; I guess it's supposed to smell like poppies. I think this will appeal to people who don't like fruity or sweet scents though.

Orange Blossom is not an orange or even orange creamsicle scent, as I had initially hoped. Instead, it features notes of orange blossoms layered with jasmine, vanilla, and musk.

Lavender Honey is my boyfriend's favourite. It's a calming lavender that's sweetened heavily by the honey note so I actually like it too (just lavender on its own can sometimes be too much for me).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.