May 8, 2017

$20 Spa Treatments in Vancouver at NIC Spa

As an avid spa goer (I was just at the Scandinave Spa a few weeks ago, spent two days at the Willow Stream Spa this past weekend, and have a trip planned to the Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa three weeks from now), I am obviously a big fan of self care. However, I'm also cognizant of the fact that regular spa trips like these can cost a lot of money... where's a girl on a budget to go if she wants to treat herself?

Well, if you're in Vancouver, you need to check out NIC Spa where you can get treatments for a mere $20! These are full service treatments too; think AHA peels, facials, manis, pedis, and 30 minute massages. You can also pay a bit more for deluxe treatments or add-ons.


NIC Spa recently opened at the New Image College campus on Granville Street, one of Canada's leading accredited post-secondary institutions for esthetics and makeup artistry. Because the services are typically performed by advanced students of the college, they are able to offer treatments at an affordable rate. I was invited to try them out for myself and ended up getting a deluxe manicure and pedicure.

My aesthetician, Doris, was very friendly and put me at ease right away. Since I own my own tools and hundreds of bottles of nail polish (hello, I'm a beauty blogger), I mainly do my own nails at home but every once in a while, I like to get them done professionally. I had some very dry cuticles that needed taking care of and Doris spent a lot of time getting my nails in tip-top shape. 


The deluxe mani/pedi combo includes a paraffin wax treatment which I've only ever done once before. If you've never tried this, I cannot recommend it enough. It seems a bit weird to stick your hands and feet into bags of hot wax but the result is seriously silky smooth skin. Such a treat! I also received a hot stone massage on my legs and reflexology which ended my night on a very relaxed note.

Since the spa is located inside an educational institution, it's not a place I'd pick for a luxurious spa day. But for the price, I'd say expecting fountains, expansive views, and heated beds with remote controls would be quite unreasonable. With the cost savings, you can treat yourself to more services instead! Besides, they did have music playing and I felt very comfortable in my IKEA POÄNG chair (such a classic, haha). I think I'd liken the atmosphere to a basic nail salon (for the nail services), and had a peek into the massage/facial rooms which were fairly low frills as well but still seemed comfortable.

Address: 987 Granville Street, Vancouver, BC
Website: http://www.nicspa.ca

5 comments:

  1. I was planning on going as well but ran out of time! For $20 can't really complain about the luxury! Glad to hear the service was good though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to check it out when you're back from vacation! :)

      Delete
  2. It has an enduring impact as the hair that is expelled does not develop for a long time.waxing salons near me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hubs and I are going today for facials and a massage!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.