October 6, 2017

The Body Shop Amazonian Saviour Multi-Purpose Balm

This summer, The Body Shop launched their innovative Amazonian Saviour Multi-Purpose Balm inspired by communities in the Amazonian Rainforest that have relied on natural oils for centuries to care for wounded and tattooed skin. The product is intended to revive the appearance of tattoos, nourish severely dry skin, and improve the appearance of skin marks.


100% vegetarian, the balm is made with only 9 ingredients: Community Trade Organic Babassu Oil, Organic Andiroba Oil, Candeia Tree's Bisabolol, Sunflower Seed Oil, Community Trade Beeswax, Sunflower Wax, Cera Bellina Wax, Vitamin E, and Citric Acid from Citrus. In the pot, it has a hard waxy texture with no discernible fragrance (it honestly just smells like wax).

I don't have any tattoos so I first decided to test out its efficacy on my fiance. We both noticed that his tattoo looked a little more vibrant after application although I'm not sure if the balm acts more as a protectant for fresh tattoos (his is at least 5 years old and not in an area that's sun-exposed). I, on the other hand, have been using the product on dry areas like like my knees and elbows and it's really helped keep them moisturized. I will definitely be keeping this in my bag for winter time!

At only $15 CAD, I'd say the Amazonian Saviour Multi-Purpose Balm is a real steal. You use such little product each time that it will last for ages.

Find it online or in-stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.