March 18, 2019

Spring 2019 Beauty Faves

The weather is finally turning (this week it's supposed to go as high as 17 °C!) and Spring is officially around the corner. What better time to review some of my current beauty faves, especially since they're all products that will be taking me into the new season?


My absolute superstar #1 fave that I used all Winter long is the StriVectin S.T.A.R. Light™ Retinol Night Oil. I first shared this back in October as part of my #LDBeauty recap and have been using it ever since. In short, it is AMAZING and I don't think I'll ever be able to live without it going forward. It's the only retinol that has made a significant difference in my skin texture, especially on my forehead and chin which are areas I've been trying to deal with for quite some time now. The oil feels super luxe and absorbs quickly.

To help my StriVectin retinol oil and other serums sink in, I've been using my Herbivore Rose Quartz Facial Roller. I was first introduced to the concept of facial rolling at Glow Dermal Therapy (I started getting professional facials in the lead-up to my wedding and continue going every so often for "maintenance" purposes), and I've noticed facial rolling seems to be all the rage right now. No surprise why... I just can't get enough of that cooling sensation!

I always apply sunscreen under my makeup but I've always struggled with the concept of re-applying throughout the day. Do I remove my makeup and do it all over again or do I put sunscreen on top of my makeup? Both options aren't great so I was super excited when I discovered this Supergoop! Defense Refresh Setting Mist with SPF 50. You can spritz it over your makeup to refresh your UV protection and it doesn't mess up anything. I take this on all my trips and it was so useful on my recent trip to Kauai.

To maintain my post-Hawaii glow, I've been spritzing on St. Tropez Bronzing Water Face Mist. The naturally derived DHA tans your face in a very subtle way and the tropical scent is incredibly refreshing.

Keeping on that tropical note, I've also thrown out all my other deodorants and am exclusively using Kopari Coconut Oil Deodorant. It's aluminum-free, vegan, and paraben-free, and it smells soooo good. I love everything coconut so this is right up my alley.

Last but not least, Slip Silk Scrunchies (I prefer the skinny version since I don't have a ton of hair) Made from pure silk, they've been saving my hair from breakage and creasing. I often wear a high ponytail for the gym and they actually keep it up instead of slipping too, which I thought was  kind of surprising since they are made of silk which is a slippery fabric.

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks fabulous! I also added a rose quartz roller to my routine lately and it's been great.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.