June 13, 2010

Sally Hansen Calypso Blue

Sally Hansen Calypso Blue
The sun is shining in Vancouver after what seems like an unreasonably sun-less springtime. I hope this means that summer is finally here!

Since I've been feeling a bit more lively due to the nice weather, I decided my nails needed to match my more positive attitude. Luckily, I had picked up Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Calypso Blue earlier this week... what better colour for welcoming summer than a shimmery turquoise? Not to mention, a unique shimmery turquoise at that! This polish has some gorgeous light reflects that I couldn't properly capture on my camera but trust me when I say that this shade possesses a definite "wow"-factor.

The benefits of this line are detailed in my first review (here) so I don't think there's any need to go over those again in detail. Calypso Blue applies like a dream and reached opacity in two coats (I added a third for good measure). The polish dried fairly quickly so I didn't bother using my Seche Vite. I have to say, I remain super impressed with the Complete Salon Manicure line and can't wait to try out a few more shades.

You'll also notice that I topped my mani off with a flower nail decal... a little cheesy but I figured it matched my "summer" theme, haha!

5 comments:

  1. Yowza. I love the colour and I think the decal is just adorable. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. KatherineJune 18, 2010

    You are inspiring me to hit up the local shoppers for a ton of these colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Liz OT
    Thank you!! The colour is so vibrant in real life too!

    @Katherine,
    I wish you were here... we'd be at Shoppers like everyday! There are so many good colours in this line too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a Shoppers across the street from me.. I think I know where I'm going on my day off! Which brand do you think stays on the longest?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Crystal,
    Definitely try the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure line. It's the only drugstore brand nail polish I've been sufficiently impressed with.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.