June 9, 2010

OPI Alice In Wonderland: Off With Her Red!

OPI Off With Her Red!I'd been wanting to paint my nails a very classic red for quite some time when I remembered my incomplete 4-part review series on the OPI Alice In Wonderland collection (you can see the my reviews of Thanks So Muchness! and Absolutely Alice here and here). So in order to satisfy both my need for red nails and my promise to finish reviewing the collection, Off With Her Red! was an easy colour choice.

Since the collection is based on Alice in Wonderland, it's a given that red was necessary for the colour story. I do find it a bit weird that there were two red shades in the collection but Off With Her Red! is quite different from the more berry Thanks So Muchness! Off With Her Red! can best be described as a tomato-y creme, and is not shimmery in any way. The polish applies very smoothly and you can reach opacity in only two coats. Since the coats dried fairly quickly, I didn't even bother using a quick dry top coat.

In the end, however, it is what it is: red and nothing more. There isn't really anything special or unique about this shade. But if you're in the mood for basic red nails, Off With Her Red! is a safe bet.

1 comment:

  1. That's the issue that I have with some of the OPI colours. They look a little different then another shade that they have, but they just name it something different.

    Although, I'm sucker for cute names, haha.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.