September 23, 2010

Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure (+ OPI Lincoln Park at Midnight)

OPI Lincoln Park at Midnight topped with Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure

One of my absolute nail polishes is OPI Lincoln Park at Midnight, which is the more purple version of the OPI cult fave, Lincoln Park After Dark. Unlike the almost-black tones of Lincoln Park After Dark, Lincoln Park at Midnight is a gorgeous dark eggplant which reaches opacity in only two coats. I usually only wear dark colours in the Fall, so I've been waiting for the cooler weather to retrieve this from my collection.

This manicure, I decided to "spice" things up a bit by layering on the much sought-after Hidden Treasure from the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure line. This polish was released with the Spring 2010 Tracy Reese collection and was quickly snapped up by nail polish fiends everywhere. I've had mine for months but this is actually the first chance I've had to use it since I find it looks better over darker colours.

Result = GORGEOUS. Hidden Treasure is what's known as a "flakey" polish (basically big flakes of duochromatic "glitter"). The "flakes" look different depending on the light and your base polish colour. I mean, seriously, what an easy way to make a basic colour much more interesting! I can't wait to try this over some other colours to see effects I can get.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh that's really nice! I've been looking for Hidden Treasure everywhere haven't had any luck yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty combo! im reallllllly considering picking up a bottle of Lincoln Park at Midnight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Perdita, I'm really regretting not picking up an extra bottle when I bought mine! Such is the case with limited edition :(

    @Katrina, you should! Especially with your talent, I bet you would come up with a really cute fall mani!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.