November 18, 2010

American Apparel Coney Island

American Apparel Coney Island
Here's yet another nail polish post (I'm in the middle of preparing for exams/final papers so have been painting my nails as a distraction).

This is American Apparel Coney Island, perhaps named after the giant bags of cotton candy you can buy there... and that's exactly how I would describe this shade: cotton candy pink! It's super girly and I feel like it's the kind of shade that people would either love or hate (I love pinks so not a problem for me).

The formula is quite watery and applies thinly. Coney Island is also quite light, so it streaked a lot with the first two coats. I had to apply 3 coats to reach opacity.

In my review of Factory Grey (here), Dani mentioned that the AA polishes made her nails feel really brittle and dry. I haven't really noticed that yet but it may be because I change polishes fairly often and didn't really give this time to "sit" on my nails? I'll have to try wearing these ones longer and try and compare with my other polishes to see if this is really true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.