February 16, 2013

2013 Aveda Born to Style Contest

I'm not sure if anyone noticed since I never mentioned it, but I recently chopped off over 6 inches of my hair (the difference is pretty significant when you compare this post with this post). I'm really loving the new shorter, blunter cut which is all thanks to my lovely stylist at RedBloom Salon, an Aveda-affiliated salon with two locations in Calgary.

When I was asked to share this contest with my readers I agreed because I think it is such a great opportunity for those of you who may be interested in learning how to cut/style/colour and do all sorts of magical things with hair. I tried cutting my boyfriend's hair once and it ended up being way harder than I expected... probably could have used some of those skills!

Four lucky winners will receive a grand prize of full tuition at the Aveda Institute, including their Vancouver hair school. All you need to do is make and upload a video showing why you are BORN TO STYLE. Five aspiring hairstylists in each city will advance to the final "hair showdown" (four chosen by a panel, one chosen by voters). In the Hair Showdown, the finalists will participate in a live head-to-head competition and runway show putting together two complete looks in front of a panel of style experts and hairstyling heavy hitters. Sounds fun, doesn't it?


You have until March 1, 2013 to enter. For full contest details, check out the Born To Style website.

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.