February 17, 2013

Deep Pore Cleansing Facial at Apple Spa

As a member of the Vancouver Buytopia Inner Circle, I recently had the opportunity to review one of their exclusive spa deals. I know I've mentioned my love of group buying websites before, but I really do think they are a great way to try out new experiences at highly discounted prices.

My new experience this time was a deep pore cleansing facial at Apple Spa, located on Beach Avenue right under the Burrard Street Bridge. The spa itself is quite small and the decor is very basic/minimal, but it makes up for what's "missing" by offering a range of spa services at very reasonable rates. For example, you can get a 45 minute mini facial for only $15, a manicure for $20, and waxing starts at $5.


My facial lasted 60 minutes in total and included a pore extraction and face mask, as well as the application of other lotions and serums that left my skin feeling totally clean and glowy.

Now, for those of you who have never had your pores extracted, let me just say that it hurts. A lot. But the pain is bearable and the end result is the kind of blackhead-free skin you can't achieve on your own (those Biore strips simply can't be compared). Some people try and remove their blackheads themselves but if done improperly it can lead to irreversible scarring. Personally, I'd rather have a professional take care of them for me.

Lisa, the super sweet owner of Apple Spa, recommends getting a deep cleansing facial once or twice a month to keep skin in tip-top condition. Since I'm not one to say "no" to a little pampering, I'm hoping to visit again soon - and perhaps try out some of Apple Spa's other affordable services.


Many thanks to Lisa and Buytopia for the wonderful experience!


Address: #111 - 1000 Beach Avenue, Vancouver, BC
Website: http://applespa.weebly.com/
Phone: (604) 669-1118

16 comments:

  1. This sounds like an interesting process. Thanks for the review on it! I hate pain, but it sounds like your skin looks great afterward.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not too great with pain either; I remember the first time I ever got a pore extraction, my eyes were watering so much I had tears rolling down my face! But the clear skin afterwards is so worth it.

      Delete
  2. I must be crazy because I love extractions. I get a full facial done every 7 weeks and the extractions are my favourite part. Then again, I also thought getting tattoos were ticklish...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You clearly have an extremely high tolerance for pain!

      Delete
  3. oh wow thats insane! didn't even know they had this type of service.. it sounds painful.. but lets be honest we do a lot of things for beauty hahaha!! i mean we wear high heels don't we hahah.. this definitely sounds like something i would want to try! those biore strips definitely do NOT work that well! or at least as well as the commericals make it seem like they do haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that deep cleaning keeps skin in good condition. Just don't have the time right now :O(
    Girlie Blog Seattle | Casual Chic Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a great time! I'm a bit skeptical about group buying websites and their health and beauty services as I find that they're only trying to increase business and their service may be so-so.

    dreamdustx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I've definitely had some less than stellar service before (usually at restaurants because they get so crazy-busy with all the coupons) but it seems to vary by locale.

      Delete
  6. Great blog doll im your new follower x

    H x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post , sounds painful but worth it.

    xo Meg

    http://meghansilva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You seriously read my mind. I'm in such desperate need of a facial right now -- might just have to give them a try! Sounds like a pretty amazing price.

    xoxo Alison
    www.stylingmylife.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that sounds intense,I have never had a real facial done and I am probably due for one, but I am interested in their waxing services =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK, I totally want a pore extraction. I know that my pores aren't that big and I really don't see anything in them but I feel like Charlotte from SATC when she stares in the mirror late at night examining her pores..lol.
    :)
    Allison

    A's Fashion Files
    Shop Kawaii Kitsch by A on Etsy, and get free domestic shipping with code FREESHIP

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooo sounds like a lovely spa day.... somewhat intense though haha! I have never had a facial or anything done to my pores, but I definitely think it would be nice to have done one day!

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella
    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.