December 23, 2013

Christmas Nails: AVON Holiday Nail Art Design Strips

With Christmas now literally days away, I thought it only appropriate to pretty up my nails with these fun & festive AVON Holiday Nail Art Design Strips.


Retailing at $12 CAD for 18 strips, there are three designs to choose from: Candy Cane, Winter Wonderland, and Holiday Cheer. I decided to use just the first two for this mani since I liked the colour combination (though I realized it's also a little American flag-esque). Plus, the Christmas trees are too long for my short nails so I'd have had to trim them down and I was feeling a bit lazy.

Application was pretty similar to my experience with the Halloween nail art design strips but I noticed it was harder to get clean edges when filing on the snowflake design than the candy cane stripes. Even though I tried my best to be careful, they still look a bit jagged. However, I'm probably the only one bothered by it as no one else appears to have noticed.


Hope you all have a lovely Christmas (if you celebrate), and happy holidays!

10 comments:

  1. So pretty! Reminds of me of pretty sparkly ice skaters :) Lovvvee.

    Merry Christmas!

    Hailes<3
    Hailes Hearts Fashion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, you're right. They're a bit like figure skating uniforms, aren't they?

      Delete
  2. Those are so perfect looking. Very festive and fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so pretty! perfect for christmas!

    http://www.fatiguechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. seriously the coolest nail strips ever! Love how they perfectly capture the holiday season on your nails!

    Amanda | feast.fashion.faves

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow avon now has this??? I hope to try these soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they seem to be coming out with holiday designs regularly. Can't wait to see what's next!

      Delete
  6. Aww these are so cute <3 Ive never tried using nail strips before maybe I'll do this for my works late christmas party :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so easy to use! I never used to wear them prior to this year but now I sport them every few months!

      Delete
  7. I can't believe they're avon, they're so lovely x

    The Beauty Drawer

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.