December 27, 2013

Hair Styling with Mint Hair Lounge and OSiS+

A few weeks ago, I was lucky enough to be treated to a hairstyling session at Mint Hair Lounge in Port Moody thanks to Schwarzkopf Professional (the salon is linked with the brand and carries their full line of products). Upon entering the establishment and being introduced to my stylist Matthew, I quickly realized that this was unlike any other salon I've ever been to. It felt very hip, and everyone was so friendly and joking around with each other - while still being professional, of course! 


After washing my hair, Matthew started by spraying on OSiS+ Blow & Go Thick ($21 CAD). This product is a blowdry spray that helps hair dry faster while adding body. To make sure it doesn't clump up, the trick is to spray it in a downwards direction then scrunch at the roots. Next, Matthew blowdried my hair with a round brush, concentrating on the roots to add lift and body.

We could have left my hair like that (it was already looking quite voluminous), but we decided to add some bouncy waves. For this, Matthew showed me his patented way of getting effortless curls. First, he sectioned my hair into four pigtails around my head and then curled smaller sections of each pigtail with a flat iron. Then, he removed the elastics and had me turn my head upside down so he could comb through the curls with his fingers. It looked a bit funny but it worked! Lastly, we finished off with some OSiS+ Magic Finish Anti-Frizz Shine Serum and OSiS+ Session Extreme Hold Hairspray to keep my hair in place.


You may actually recognize the finished hairstyle from my most recent outfit post. I loved how effortless and bouncy the waves ended up looking and feeling. 


Port Moody is a bit of a ways from Vancouver but if you're in the area, Mint Hair Lounge is definitely a place I recommend checking out. It has a great unpretentious vibe and Matthew was a ton of fun to talk to. In fact, I'd say the salon is worth the drive.


Location: 2337 Clarke Street, Port Moody, BC
Website: http://www.minthairlounge.ca


P.S. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! I certainly did :)

17 comments:

  1. I hope you had a great Christmas as well!

    Tallia
    trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lucky! You look absolutely beautiful!!

    http://www.mursway.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look so pretty! fun post. It's nice to see Canadian fashion blogs for once.

    I'd love if you would also check out my blog: http://afashionneverland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your hairstyle, you look gorgeous!

    Jasmine xx For a Real Woman

    ReplyDelete
  6. omgggosh your hair looks so so pretty!!! the curls are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hair looks gorgeous, the curls are so pretty
    xxx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your finished hairstyle looks lovely :) x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You hair look fab! Love the hairstyle! So perfect!

    Happy holidays!

    Relationships.College.Love

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, such a lovely job! You look stunning. Shame I am not the over the side of the pond!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your hair looks lovely! I would love to get my hair done here, I think it is very hard to find places that you feel relaxed in.

    Cornelia - Ineffable Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi!
    would you follow earch others&
    let me know!

    http://defishencia.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  13. your hair is looking absolutely lovely, my dear!

    rae atlovefromberlin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.