November 14, 2014

L'Occitane En Provence: Arlésienne

L'Occitane En Provence has always been one of those brands I keep meaning to try more of but never get around to for one reason or another. It's a shame really because I actually do like the products I have tried -- especially their Cherry Blossom Hand Cream, which comes packaged in L'Occitane's iconic painter tube. That's all about to change, however, since their gorgeous new flagship store happens to be very close to my office (hello lunch break pit stop!). I was lucky enough to be invited to their recent opening event where I was able to admire the thoughtful store design, learn more about the brand, its history, and explore some of their collections.


For those not familiar with the brand, L'Occitane is a family-owned French company that prides itself on its unique ingredients and signature scents. As I went around the store testing out products it became apparent to me that if you're looking for a good fragrance that's delicate, well-crafted, and not overpowering, this is where you should come.

This winter, they've released a new line called Arlésienne for Holiday 2014. Inspired by women in the South of France, the fragrance subtly blends saffron, rose, and violet. I usually don't like florals but Arlésienne is definitely an exception. The scent is sweet and feminine without being cloying and is perfect for daytime wear. I wish there was a way to transmit scent over the Internet because I would if I could -- it smells so good!

Shower Cream ($22 CAD) and EDT ($48 CAD) (c/o)

Be sure to check out the new collection, as well as L'Occitane's carefully curated gift sets for those on your Christmas shopping list. And if you're in Vancouver, the new store at the corner of Robson and Burrard is an absolute must-see.

2 comments:

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.