May 23, 2015

The Wet Brush vs. Tangle Teezer

It may come as a bit of a surprise to some of you but up until quite recently, I didn't own a hair brush. That doesn't mean I let my hair run wild & free, of course. But since it's naturally fine and straight, I could get by easily with a wide-toothed comb and nothing else. After many rounds of bleach, however, my hair is now more prone to tangling and knots so when Nail Polish Canada asked me to compare two brush lines that they sell (for those not familiar with NPC, they sell a lot more than nail polish!), their request could not have come at a better time.

The Wet Brush versus the Tangle Teezer... which one came out victorious in this battle of hair brushes?


For me, the answer is hands-down, The Wet Brush!

The Wet Brush looks like a standard hair brush with a long handle, round brush head, and a padded base. What differs from a standard hair brush are its IntelliFlex Bristles which are thin and flexible so when you run the brush through your hair they don't pull or get stuck. They also feature rounded ultra soft poly tips, what the company calls SofTips, that don't poke against the scalp. The Wet Brush can be used on both wet and dry hair without causing any damage, and I have been using it when I get out of the shower as well as after styling to brush out my curls and create softer waves.

As for the Tangle Teezer, I had heard about it ages ago and have always wanted one. Unfortunately, it did not live up to my expectations. The small plastic brush is designed to ergonomically fit into the palm of your hand, which it does perfectly. The bristles are staggered between long and short for "dual action" but they do not have tips. Instead they are very pointy and kind of sharp which does not feel so great against the scalp, especially in comparison to The Wet Brush. Despite this fact, the Tangle Teezer does do what it says -- it detangles without getting stuck and I do really like the unique design.

I think if I had not tried The Wet Brush, I would have thought the Tangle Teezer was fine but there is definitely a marked difference in the way the two brushes feel. Nonetheless, the Tangle Teezer is a great travel companion (I keep mine in my purse for on-the-go brushing) whereas The Wet Brush has now become an at-home staple.

10 comments:

  1. I am completely in-love with this post! Happy Monday dear! :)


    STYLEFORMANKIND.COM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I have way too much hair, dont think I could survive with combs only hahaha.

    Glad you got yours!

    Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps one of the only benefits of having hardly any hair, I guess! :P

      Delete
  3. We might need to pick up both!! We've always been sceptical, but everyone seems to love them

    M + K

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been thinking about getting one of these brushes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was introduced to the wet brush a few years ago and it has seriously been such a life-changer. My hair is delicate but easily-tangled, so the wet brush has been so helpful in keeping my locks in check.

    - Lindsey, The Fashion Barbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm seriously so impressed with it. I can't stop brushing my hair!

      Delete
  6. I've heard such good things about the wet brush! I have one sitting on my desk at work. I've never used it but I should give it a shot!

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you like it when you end up trying it :)

      Delete
  7. I have wondered about both. I have curly hair that tangles so easily so I will be sure to try the wet
    Brush out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.