August 7, 2015

Burberry Beauty FOTD: Neutral Makeup & Red Lips, plus My Burberry EDT

Burberry Beauty is quickly becoming one of my favourite cosmetics lines -- to the surprise of no one, I'm sure. Since my last Burberry FOTD was on the girly pink/purple side, this time I wanted to do something a bit more classic, keeping in line with the brand's clean and low-fuss philosophy.


On my face, I am wearing the Velvet Foundation in Trench No. 206, which I posted my thoughts about here. On my cheeks, I am wearing Light Glow Natural Blush in Earthy Blush No. 07. Being a matte taupe, I wasn't sure how this would look on my skin since these types of shades can end up looking muddy. Turns out I really like it! It's more neutral that I typically wear but gives a nice subtle contour.

For my eyes, I kept things very simple with a basic wash of Eye Colour in Tea Rose No. 200. Pinks can be a hard to wear sometimes but this one thankfully does not make me look like I'm dead or like I have pink eye. On my brows, I am wearing the Effortless Brow Definer in Sepia No. 2. It's a brow powder in pencil form that also has a bit of a waxy texture. I personally prefer a thinner pencil like the Anastasia Brow Wiz because it allows me to fill in the sparser areas of my brows with very small strokes. However, this Burberry one is a great pick if you only need a bit of definition and some taming.

With all my makeup looking quite neutral, I wanted to go bolder with my lips. This meant a wash of Burberry Kisses in Military Red No. 109, a bold red. You may have noticed that I almost never wear red lipstick. While so many people can pull it off, it's not really "me"... I much prefer my pinks and corals. However, the Burberry Kisses line is great because it applies on the sheerer side and can be built up for a more opaque, glossy colour.


For an additional pop of colour, I love the Iconic Colour Nail Polish in Imperial Blue No. 429 which is currently rivalling one of my other favourite blue polishes (AVON Gel Finish in Royal Vendetta). The formula on Burberry's polishes is really nice: creamy and more on the thick side so you don't need to layer on too many coats.

In the below picture, I'm also holding a bottle of the new My Burberry Eau de Toilette. I featured the Eau de Parfum version of this scent a few months ago but the EDT is a new release that's a bit lighter and brighter than the EDP. The overall essence is still the same, however, with its heady floral notes that were inspired by the iconic Burberry trench coat.


Burberry Beauty is available exclusively at The Bay in Richmond Centre. My Burberry EDT can also be found at The Bay, Sephora, Shoppers Drug Mart, and Murale.

16 comments:

  1. Love the look of the lipstick. I've never used any of their cosmetic goodies, just perfumes but you seem to love them so they must be good :)
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They feel super luxe and high quality... hope you get to try them soon!

      Delete
  2. You are beeeeautiful! Love those saucy red lips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The packaging looks so nice and elegant.I love the shade of the red lipstick, really suits you!

    http://www.beautynerd.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Hopefully I can get comfortable with red because I do like how it looks on others!

      Delete
  4. i love this brand! glad you found it lovely for you :)

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so good with red lips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous! you're photos are perfect! what camera do you use? quality on point lol!!

    - Mariah-Ruthel
    http://mariahruthel.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh you look stunning! That color of lipstick looks perfect on you.

    x- Naomi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice post, happy Sunday!

    http://itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. The products all look so pretty, I've never used any make up from them but I might need to have a look into it!
    Mantenso xx
    She's AbouThat Life

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful makeup look! (:
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.