February 14, 2017

FOTD: Romantic But Understated Makeup for Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day! In the past, I've done themed nail art but this year I wanted to pull together a romantic but understated pink-based makeup look which turned out just perfect for date night.


On my face, I'm wearing bareMinerals BAREPRO Performance Wear Powder Foundation in Aspen 04 which packs all the goodness of mineral makeup into a pressed compact for easy of use and portability. I applied it using the accompanying bareMinerals BAREPRO Core Coverage Brush and I like that the foundation provides enough coverage to even out my skin tone without looking cakey. For a neutral cheek, I am wearing Burberry Light Glow Earthy Blush 07 and Benefit Watt's Up! highlighter on my cheekbones.

On my eyes, I opted for a matte look using colours from my Urban Decay Naked3 Palette (seen here). I applied Limit at the base, Strange to highlight, blended Nooner and Darkside into the crease, and smudged Burnout along my bottom lashes.  Next, I created a small winged liner look with my go-to Kat Von D Ink Liner in Trooper before applying ESQIDO lashes in Lash Named Desire (ESQIDO's new Companion Long Lasting Bond eyelash glue is amazing, by the way). My eyebrows are a mix of Anastasia Brow Wiz topped with brow powder from local Vancouver business, Bombay Brow Bar.

Lastly, I lined my lips with MAKE UP FOR EVER High Precision Lip Pencil in #10 (seen here) and topped it with bareMinerals Gen Nude Matte Liquid Lip Colour in "Frenemy". If you haven't tried bareMinerals liquid lipstick line yet, I highly recommend it. All the colours are super wearable and so pretty!

6 comments:

  1. Love this look, especially the lip colour!
    Much love,
    HER FASTEST FASHION

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty makeup look, I love your eyeshadow xx

    Gemma ♡ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I much prefer understated looks when going out with Mr. Loca. That one looks very pretty.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice make-up, I like the color of lipstick!

    jointyicroissanty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful makeup look! I love the thin wing, it looks amazing and really makes your eyes stand out :)
    Love,
    Charlotte Luisa | bycharlotteluisa.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a gorgeous look! Especially love the eyes!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.