December 3, 2018

FOTD: Stila "Vivid Labradorite"

Stila's Vivid & Vibrant Collection came out this Fall and features some really pretty jewel tones. In the midst of beautiful sapphires and jades, however, I was drawn to the shade Vivid Labradorite, which is a cool metallic grey... perfect for creating a smokey eye for any holiday parties you might have coming up.


The shade comes in a few products, including an Eyeshadow Duo and the two I received from a media preview a while back: Shimmer & Glow Eye Shadow and Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner. I've never really been a fan of liquid eye shadow but the Shimmer & Glow is actually quite a nice product. The doe foot applicator delivers concentrated pigment that feels like nothing on the lids and you don't have to deal with any fallout like you would with a powder. It dries to a non-transferable finish, but if you work fast you can easily use your finger to blend it in or with another colour. The Smudge Stick glides on smoothly but I wouldn't say it's long-wearing despite being waterproof... ironically, it smudges considerably after a long day.

For my "Vivid Labradorite" makeup look I wanted to use a few other Stila products I've been excited about, namely the Heaven's Hue Highlighter in the cult classic shade, Kitten. This shimmery nude is the palest of pink and is a perfect complement to the Kitten Eye Shadow that I ran along my bottom lashes.


On my lips, I'm wearing the Stay All Day Lipstick in Fia, described by Stila as a "neutral nude." I'm pretty tan from my honeymoon (more on that coming soon but you can see some preview pictures on my Instagram) so on me it runs more brown and kind of makes me feel like I'm living in the 90s. While I prefer more traditional lipsticks, Stila's formula has always been a favourite. It's pigmented and although it dries a creamy matte, it doesn't feel drying or uncomfortable.

P.S. Can you believe it's already December and Christmas is basically a few weeks away? This year has just flown by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.