December 11, 2010

Green Gradient Nails & Another FOTD

Finally got a much-needed break from the stress of finals and papers. I would so much rather be shopping for Christmas presents and relaxing! December 17 can't come soon enough...

Sheer Blouse: Zara
Jeggings: Paige Premium Denim
Boots: Aldo

In the spirit of the season I also decided to adapt my pink gradient nails with a more holiday-appropriate green colour palette. It turned out a lot better than I thought it would!

Products used: Nicole by OPI Sheer Fun; Nicole by OPI Nicole...Spotted!; Essie Sew Psyched;
Revlon Galaxy Top Coat; Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat

And while I was at it with all the picture-taking, I figured I might as well do a FOTD too. I've been getting a lot of use out of my MAC Tartan Tale palette (it really does make the perfect purple-hued smoky eye).


Face:
Benefit Dr. Feelgood
Everyday Minerals Foundation in Golden Medium

Eyes:
MAC Beauties Play It Cool Palette: Silverwear, Hold My Gaze, Magic Moor, Heather Belles (reviewed here)
Sephora Eyeshadow in Alpine Snow
MAC Carbon Eyeshadow
Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Zero
Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Mascara

Cheeks:
Rock & Republic Blush in Tease (reviewed here)
NARS The Multiple in Copacabana

Lips:
MAC Vegas Volt Lipstick

10 comments:

  1. your gradient nails look awesome and i love the green color! your makeup looks beautiful in the last picture. love the lipstick especially!

    cuteandlittle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow your nails are absolutely fab!! and the boots from aldo also :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kileen, Vegas Volt is soooo out of my comfort zone - I have to blot it like crazy!

    @Hazel, thank you! I like those boots so much I own two pairs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup same here. It seems that most people are using it as a concealer more than anything else but I've tried better concealers for less :/

    Ooh another Canadian blogger! There are not too many here hehe ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those nails are so pretty! I've never seen anything like that before. Very festive for the holidays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Zara top is so pretty! And so is your makeup :) I love the highlight on your eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your nails. I keep mine painted in the winter. I have on "Herringbone" from Avon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Ms. Givens, as I'm sure you've noticed, I keep mine painted ALL the time! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the gradient nails! the sparkles definitely add more festive holiday cheer. hehe

    i also really like the flowers you added to your hair. definitely a cute pairing with your purple smokey eye.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. @thedemuremuse, thank you! I almost never wear hair accessories... but thought I might as well ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.