February 11, 2015

MAKE UP FOR EVER Desire Me Cheeky Blush Trio

Fifty Shades of Grey opens this weekend, so what better way to amp up the anticipation than with MAKE UP FOR EVER's limited edition movie-inspired collection? I've been ogling the makeup sets at Sephora for ages, in particular the Desire Me Cheeky Blush Trio, so it seemed like kismet when it showed up in my mailbox a few weeks ago.


Retailing at $56 CAD, this limited edition cheek palette comes with a keepsake velvet pouch (complete with key charm) and a travel size 150 Precision Blush Brush. If you haven't tried MUFE's Artisan Brushes yet, I highly recommend them. I adore my 110 Foundation Kabuki Brush and this blush brush is also great for depositing product right where you want it.

As for the blushes, the palette is made up of colours from MUFE's Artist Shadow range which I have reviewed before. The magnetic pans come housed in one of MUFE's plastic palette cases which means no fancy Fifty Shades packaging here. This may be a good or bad thing depending on whether or not you're a fan of the series.


The three shades include: I-526 (Pearl Beige), I-808 (English Pink), and S-748 (Coral). As I mentioned in my previous review, the letters before the numbers stand for the finish. In this case, I for Iridescent and S for Satin. My personal favourite is the coral since the highlighter and pink are more shimmery than I typically wear. However, this set also comes with a handy instructional booklet which you can refer to in order to get three of Ana's looks from the movie -- her "Healthy Glow Look", "Highlighted Cheek Look", and "Classic Cheek Look."

Strangely, it never occurred to me that the Artist Shadows could also be used as blush but I guess with 210 shades and the fact that many makeup products can multi-task, it makes complete sense. In fact, I'm kind of inspired to create my own blush trio now after using this one... or maybe a contour kit? The possibilities are endless!

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.