April 28, 2016

OPI Infinite Shine Spring 2016 Nail Polish Collection

In addition to the new SoftShades 2016, nail polish lovers can look forward to the OPI Spring 2016 Infinite Shine Collection. I swatched last year's summer collection as well, but I think I like the shade range this year much more.


For those unfamiliar with the Infinite Shine system, it's OPI's answer to long-wearing gel-like manis that don't require any heat or UV lamps. The 3-step process requires a Primer (Step 1), Lacquer (Step 2), and Gloss gel polymer top coat  that cures in natural light (Step 3). I've been pretty impressed with the wear time and love how shiny my nails look.


It's Pink P.M. is a baby pink cream that leans white. I was surprised at how much I liked this considering I don't typically gravitate towards pales shades anymore. However, I do love a good white polish in the summer so that's probably why.


Half Past Nude is an opaque nude blush. Not my favourite personally but a good everyday colour, especially for work.


Sunrise to Sunset is a pale orange that kind of reminds me of a creamsicle. Unfortunately I don't think this is particularly flattering on my skin tone.


Rose Against Time is a nice bright pink. I love shades like this and it was very easy to work with.


Reach For The Sky is a super pretty cool grey-blue. It ended up being my favourite in the collection once I swatched everything.


Don't Provoke The Plum! is a bright fuchsia that applies like a dream. It's not a very unique colour but one I know a lot of people like.


Olive For Green was the polish I was most excited for since it looked so nice in the bottle. However, it was also the most difficult to work with. The first coat seemed quite watery and didn't apply that evenly but I was able to reach opacity with the second coat.


In Familiar Terra-Tory is a rich coral that's perfect for summer. I wear colours like this a lot (throwback to this old Essie fave) and this is a good one.

3 comments:

  1. How pretty! My favorite is half past nude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the blue is also my fav! that green is so in your face, yuck
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's so funny you feel that way about the green! I love weird colours like that, especially for manicures, but totally see why you wouldn't :P

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.